Tuesday 26 January 2016

File Finder Tips


File Finder Tips One of the most interesting things I see as a time management coach is how people work on their computers. During my coaching sessions, both in-person or on the web, I get to see people s computer screens, how they use their computer and how they organize their computer files. And what I see is scary. People seem to be spending ages trying to find where they saved a file. One woman spent 20 minutes trying to find something she wanted to show me! So I decided to put together these file finder tips to help. Tip #1: Stop Digital Filing Back in the old days of filing paper (yes, I am that old) we had banks of filing cabinets. Each filing cabinet had a category or theme such as Clients, Marketing, Administration, Personnel, etc. You physically took the paper, put it into a file folder, labeled it and then filed it (hopefully) in the right cabinet in the right order. To retrieve the paper, you had to find the right file cabinet, then the right section and folder and hope so
http://captaintime.com/file-finder-tips/

No comments:

Post a Comment